JAGUAR PARTNERS WITH THE INSTITUTE OF DIRECTORS TO SUPPORT INCLUSIVE BUSINESS
As part of a long-standing partnership with the Institute of Directors (IoD), Jaguar was proud to sponsor the Inclusive Business category at the IoD’s 2019 Director of the Year awards.
Celebrating leadership, talent, success and achievement, leaders from all over the country were celebrated in categories from corporate social responsibility through to innovation and leadership in the public sector as part of the annual accolades.
Judging the Inclusive Business award category was Jaguar Land Rover’s HR Director of Organisational Capability, Davy Price-Stephens, who elected Leona Barr-Jones, COO of Focus7 International (East of England) as the worthy recipient of the award.
Leona Barr-Jones was acknowledged for her exceptional commitment to inclusivity, in founding a national diversity and inclusion project, which was said to have the potential to really shape a diverse workforce for Focus7 International in the future.
- Debbie Francis, Managing Director, Direct Rail Services: North West
- Jackie Henry MBE, Office Senior Partner, Deloitte: Northern Ireland
- Lynne Connolly, Global Head of Diversity and Inclusion, Standard Life Aberdeen: Scotland
- Sarah Gobran and Matt Pinches, Joint Artistic & Executive Producers Guilford Shakespeare Company: London & South
- Mark Esho, Director, Easy Internet Services: East Midlands
- Charlotte Armitage, Managing Director, Yorkshire Academy of Film and Television Acting: Yorkshire & North East
Throughout the IoD Open House Inclusive Business roadshows – supported by Jaguar – guests including experienced leaders and diversity champions were hosted at venues across the UK including Manchester, Birmingham, Cambridge and Newcastle to learn more on the importance of a diverse workforce in driving innovation and profitability in UK business.
The events also featured round table discussions and networking opportunities located at regional business hubs across the country.
The final IoD Open House Inclusive Business roadshow for 2019 will be held at Grange St Pauls Hotel in London on 8th November 2019, if you would like to attend please visit: https://www.iod.com/events-community/open-house-on-the-road-inclusive-business
You can find out more about Jaguar’s ongoing commitment to diversity here: https://www.jaguarlandrover.com/2019/our-commitment-diversity