Jaguar Land Rover limited respects the privacy of every individual who visits its websites. Any information collected about you will be used to fulfil any service you might request, to inform you about new products and services and also to improve how we serve you. Your data will be treated in accordance with relevant European Union and local country legal provisions. Your information will not be disclosed to anyone outside of Jaguar Land Rover, its affiliated or associated companies, and its retailers, agencies and licensees of any of these companies, and any other companies with which Jaguar Land Rover has directly or indirectly arranged services for your
Jaguar Land Rover will not collect personal information about you using cookies however by enabling cookies or keeping cookies enabled, you are providing your consent to Jaguar Land Rover storing cookies on your browser. Please note that disabling cookies is likely to impact website functionality and your experience of the Jaguar Land Rover website.
Due to the international nature of Jaguar Land Rover’s business, Jaguar Land Rover processes and stores personal data outside the EU. We are obliged to ask you to agree to this. If you do not wish to, unfortunately we will not be able to process any request you make through this website.
We protect the data in strict accordance with the Principles of the European Union Data Protection Framework Directives, in particular EU Directive 95/46/EC
Any information that you choose to provide us with about yourself will be held on a secure computer server in the United Kingdom. The server software (SSL) encrypts all the information you supply us.
This ensures, among other things, that data we hold about you is processed lawfully and fairly. We aim to ensure that the personal data stored will be accurate, relevant and not excessive. We will keep the data up to date and not retain the information longer than is necessary. We will keep data securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people. You have the right to see what is held about you and correct any inaccuracies.
Jaguar Land Rover will not share or loan any identifiable information about you to any third party without your consent. We may share generalised information about site visitor patterns with partners or other parties in such a way that individual visitors can never be identified. It is possible to view our site without providing any personal details. However, without registering your details you will not be able to receive further communications from us.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We collect your personal information on a registration form.
This information may include data such as your name, email address, country and preferred language.
We use this information:
- To help make your visit more enjoyable
- To send you relevant information about products and services
- To email you from time to time about promotions or products and services which we think may be of interest to you
If you choose to receive information or other communications from us, you can select that option by ticking the relevant box on the registration form. You can also contact us at any time if you don't want to receive any more communications from us by using the Contact Us link on the website.
If you have allowed us to use your personal information for the purposes above, we may from time to time disclose this information to any company or organisation to which we pass the responsibility to handle email or other direct marketing communications on our behalf. Should this happen, we ensure that any third party companies who handle your information comply with the relevant Data Protection legislation.
OTHER INFORMATION COLLECTED DURING YOUR VISIT TO OUR SITE
Whenever you browse the www.jaguar.co.uk website, read pages, or download information, our computers automatically record certain information about your visit from the computer you use to access our site.
The information includes the following:
This information does not identify you personally. It just tells us how many visitors come to our site and the types of computers they use. With this information, we can improve our site for all our visitors and make it more useful to you
- The date and time you access our site.
- How many and which pages you visit during a 'session' on our site and how long you were on the site.
- Your Internet domain name (this might be your internet service provider such as aol.com or your place of work) and the 'IP' address (this is a number assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) which allows you to access our website.
- The Internet browser you use (e.g. Microsoft Explorer or Netscape) and your computer's operating system (e.g. Windows 98).
- The site you were on before you linked to jaguar.co.uk (e.g. Yahoo if you found us from a search engine).
PROTECTION OF EMAIL ADDRESSES
Your email address is only used for the purposes of replying to you unless you have given consent as detailed above.
DATA PROTECTION ON PIXEL TAGS
We may use "pixel tags," which are small graphic files that allow us to monitor the use of our websites. A pixel tag can collect information such as the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the tag appears; the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) of the page on which the pixel tag appears; the time the page containing the pixel tag was viewed; the type of browser that fetched the pixel tag; and the identification number of any cookie on the computer previously placed by that server. When corresponding with you via HTML capable e-mail, we may use "format sensing" technology, which allows pixel tags to let us know whether you received and opened our e-mail.
MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT PRIVACY?
You have the right as an individual to find out what information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to ask us to not use your information for marketing purposes by choosing not to give your consent on the registration form.
If you have any specific questions that are not covered in this section, or want to know what information we currently store on you, please contact us.
If you have a specific data protection concern or complaint, you can address it to our Data Protection & Privacy Team at DPOffice@jaguarlandrover.com
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come; the "lifetime" of the cookie; and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
Two types of cookies are used on this website:
- Session Cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site.
- Persistent Cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Our Cookies Policy
How cookies are used on this site and what information is collected. Session Cookies are used:
- To allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information.
- Within registration to allow you to access stored information.
Persistent Cookies are used:
- To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (using a number, you cannot be identified personally) when you return to our website.
- To allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly.
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
Here's a list of the main cookies we use, and what we use them for. You'll find information about 3rd party cookies on the next tab.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Purpose|
|JLR_cookies||Hides cookie banner once it has been closed.|
|JLR_IgniteBar||So the Ignite bar knows if the items have changed from the previous page. So it can animate out any new items.|
|TestSess3||Holds the dealer name if the user visits Dealer.jaguar.com|
|psyma_participation||Stores users preference in participation of the Psyma research survey|
Third Party Cookies
Third parties serve cookies via this site.
These are used for the following purposes:
- To serve advertisements on our site and track whether these advertisements are clicked on by users.
- To control how often you are shown a particular advertisement.
- To tailor content to your preferences.
- To count the number of anonymous users of our site.
- To provide security within shopping baskets or transactions.
|Cookie||Cookie Name||Cookie Purpose|
|Psyma||psyma_participation||Stores users preference in participation of the Psyma research survey.|
|Addthis||__atuvc||These cookies are used in recording user sharing and social activity and to help publishers know approximately where people sharing information are located.|
|__atuvs||For more information you can visit:www.addthis.com/|
Some of our Web pages may contain electronic images known as Web Beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web Beacons collect only limited information which includes a cookie number; time and date of a page view; and a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides. We may also carry Web Beacons placed by third party advertisers. These Beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular campaign
Disabling and Enabling Cookies
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled. Guideline instructions on how to check cookies are enabled follow below:
How to check cookies are enabled for PC’s
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select Options
- Click the 'Under the Hood' tab, locate the 'Privacy' section, and select the 'Content settings' button
- Now select 'Allow local data to be set'
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select 'Internet options' , then click on the 'Privacy' tab
- Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
- Settings above Medium will disable cookies
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select Options
- Then select the Privacy icon
- Click on Cookies, then select 'allow sites to set cookies'
- Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
- Click on 'Security', check the option that says 'Block third-party and advertising cookies'
- Click 'Save'
How to check cookies are enabled for Macs
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 on OSX
- Click on 'Explorer' at the top of your browser window and select 'Preferences' options
- Scroll down until you see 'Cookies' under Receiving Files
- Select the 'Never Ask' option
Safari on OSX
- Click on 'Safari' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
- Click on 'Security' then 'Accept cookies'
- Select the 'Only from site you navigate to'
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX
- Click on 'Mozilla' or 'Netscape' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
- Scroll down until you see cookies under 'Privacy & Security'
- Select 'Enable cookies for the originating web site only'
- Click on 'Menu' at the top of your browser window and select 'Settings'
- Then select 'Preferences', select the 'Advanced' tab
- Then select 'Accept cookies' option
You can easily delete any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser. For example, if you are using Microsoft Windows Explorer:
Open 'Windows Explorer'
Click on the 'Search' button on the tool bar
Type "cookie" into the search box for 'Folders and Files'
Select 'My Computer' in the 'Look In' box
Click 'Search Now'
Double click on the folders that are found
'Select' any cookie file
Hit the 'Delete' button on your keyboard
If you are not using Microsoft Windows Explorer, then you should select "cookies" in the "Help" function for information on where to find your cookie folder.